Sunday, November 2, 2008

volunteering

Sorry it's been so long between posts. Though I'm not sure who I'm apologizing to; it's not like there are 100s of readers out there breathlessly waiting for my next post.
xoxo, you know you love me.( inside joke for any female under the age of 25).

But I have a good reason; any spare time I have I've been at the Obama campaign volunteering. I really love being there, it's so exciting and moving. I never feel tired or worn out when I am there but the minute I get home all the adrenalin stops and I just want to crawl into bed.

I'm not fond of the word patriot. I find it only gets used by conservatives to disparage people who disagree with them. But I am in complete awe of the people I meet at the Obama office who come in and work 7 days a week, 9am to 9pm. They are true patriots; sacrificing their personal lives to try and make the country a better place. Volunteers have been coming in from up and down the east coast; New York, Maryland, Washington, Boston. And not just young people. but tons of people in their 50s , 60s and older who pile into a car with some friends and come down to Pennsylvania to lend a hand for a few hours or a few days. One of the women I work with is from Long island and has been living in a generous strangers house for 2 weeks to help out.
A great shout out to my Mom who made phone calls today and brought home a yard sign for her front lawn. GO Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy:

Did you happen to watch CBS Sunday Morning yesterday? If not, check out the coverage re patriotism at: http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/sunday/main3445.shtml

Hilary
(Your blog fan)
P.S. Did you send Ethan your blog addy? Please do if you have not. He is all pumped up for tomorrow and is voting IN Pittsburgh (not absentee)! YES WE CAN - GO OBAMA!