Sunday, September 7, 2008

my parents political wisdom

Sunday, September 7, 2008

politics and my parents
As usual my parents have the most apt comments on the political scene.From my Dad- McCain's 'thing' is that he is a huge patriot and in truth he has dedicated his life to public service in one form or another. But in picking Sarah P he has done a truly unpatriotic thing. He is a 72 year old with health issues attempting to take on one of the most demanding, stressful jobs in the world. The odds are not great that he would finish the term. And, for a jump in the pols and some media attention he is willing to sacrifice his country by leaving it in the hands of a person who is clearly not ready for the job. It is a disgraceful decision for anyone but especially for a man who claims love of his country as his greatest legacy.From my Mom- It always shocks me when I see people saying they vote Republican when that party clearly doesn't represents any of their social values or is even to their economic advantage. I think they believe that saying it makes people think they are rich and successful. Imagine voting based on impressing people rather than on what's best for your family. Totally disgusting.

Aren't they the best!

No comments: