Monday, September 8, 2008

Things I just don't understand

I consider myself a reasonably intelligent person but everyday I run across things that I just don't understand. They don't seem to be all that complex but somehow I'm just not getting it.
A few recent ones:
Why on earth is there a fed ex box right outside the post office. Aren't they competitors? Does McDonald's let Wendy's put a drive in right outside their front lawn?

What is with the Bill Gates/Jerry Seinfeld commercial. Are they selling shoes? Is there a fabulous mens' shoe named conquistador that I am unaware of?

Why am I unable to follow the Caylee missing little girl story? Every time I turn on the TV there's more reporting, none of which makes any sense. The other night random people were starting fist fights in front of the house. Are they tailgating there? What is going on and am I perhaps better off not knowing?

Why do so many rappers have the same name? Watched the video music awards the other night and there seemed to be an abundance of T's and L'lls. In every other medium artists go out of their way to be sure their name can not be confused with someone elses. Here they seem to go out of their way to do the opposite. What am I not getting?

No comments: