Saturday, September 13, 2008

volunteering for Obama

I've been fairly depressed lately with the thought that Obama may not win the election. I know it's still many weeks away and the debates will matter alot but... I don't mind people who have strong feelings on one issue or another and feel he doesn't reflect their feelings but mostly it seems to be the race -not that anyone would admit it- or how cute and perky she is. I mean do you really want some one so uninformed running our country?

So hoping to feel better I went down to the local Obama office to volunteer. After a few hours I felt several new feelings. One; total guilt over any and all meanness I have ever expressed to pollsters, telemarketers and anyone on the other end of my phone line. Sorry. I wasn't bothered just by someone being a republican; one of my favorite calls was a 92 year old lady who said," my goodness darling, do you have the wrong house", then wished me good luck. The other feeling; hopefulness. In the few hours I was there so many people of all different ages came in asking to volunteer, give money, or get a lawn sign or button. There's still hope! I'll definitely be back.

No comments: